Video: Look of the Week: Work to Weekend
I put together a look that will take you from work to whatever shenanigans you get into afterwards. All these pieces are extremely versatile and can be taken from work to weekend.
- It starts with a black insulated windbreaker by John Varvatos U.S.A. It's going to keep you warm, not look too boxy, and maintain a masculine silhouette. It has cool leather details at the shoulder and at the pocket.
- Underneath, a white/grey/purple gingham shirt. It might sound like a lot, but together, these colors create a universally flattering hue that can be worn on any skin tone.
- Below the belt, a dark red chino. Don't be afraid! A dark red chino can be worn in place of any color chino you already have. They go with brown and black shoes and any color shirt.
- I pulled the look together with a navy textured belt. It has a gun-metal buckle that gives this piece distinction. I love the formality of this belt since it can be worn with slacks, chinos, or denim.
- To finish off this work to weekend look, a brown burnished cap-toe boot. It has a pebbled leather detail on the quarter of the boot that brings this shoe to the next level.